Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing#12-Creating Community Through Commenting

Most important point came from coolcatteacher: Comment when you have something meaningful to say, not just to chatter. Problogger's guidelines to blogging were very helpful. I found number 6 in his 10 Ways To Increase Numbers On Your Blog to be important. He stated that by being humble in your postings, you attract more comments than coming across as a "know it all". This was significant to me as a new blogger. I am intimidated to give my heartfelt opinion to someone I do not know and I worry that posting a comment may result in a response that would make me feel stupid.

I also made 5 posts to the following Blogs: Wonder Weiss's Wisdom, A Teacher's Garden, Sixty & Still Special, Fun Sun Summer Learnin, and Crazy PreK Man. It was fun looking at these blogs. There is so much creativity involved in putting together blogs. I am learning so much from my peers.

My blogs of interest have been great sources of information. An upcoming trip to the Great Smoky Mountains resulted in my finding two great travel blogs with sight seeing ideas that I had not found in the tourist literature I have received in the mail. I explored The Freshwater's Global Explorer Travel Blog and Homespun Highlights. I placed questions in my comments to both so am eager to hear back from them.

No comments: