Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #13: Tagging and Discover Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is great. I loved it. The potential for researching is outstanding. It is a wonderful way for teachers to gather information (URLs) and then share that information with others by posting to a shared tag. The availability of searching by popular tag would also allow students/teachers to find sites that others have found useful as opposed to blindly pouring through sites to find relevant material on a particular subject. The ability to use several different tags for a site also expands a person's capability for finding information quickly.

1 comment:

Jimmie O'Quinn said...

I am about to start Thing #13 and your post helps me see more of the possibilities of tagging. I have used tagging for photos but not as a research tool. I can't wait to get started.

jimmie o
http://www.crazyprekman.blogspot.com