Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #20: YouTube, TeacherTube and Zamzar

As a librarian I know that having access to a multitude of educational videos is important. Easy access plus the ability to search for videos from any computer is another time saving gem. What I like about YouTube and TeacherTube is that they allow access to very creative, short videos that explain a concept/objective in a way that interests students and makes learning fun. I have spent alot of my library budget stocking the library with educational videos that run 30 minutes or longer and that contain material other than the objective the teacher really needed it for. As I searched YouTube I found the following video that would be great for me to use at the beginning of the year to peak the interest of my youngest readers as they learn how to use the library.

What child could resist Cookie Monster?

No comments: