Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #14: Explore Technorati

I found that searching for "School Library Learning 2.0" was more efficient if I searched in blogs. Tags gave too many results. Doing a keyword search now seems so outdated to me. I must admit this whole experience is making me feel better about myself and technology.

Tagging information is a valuable tool for students/teachers/librarians. It allows for quick access to information which can then be shared. It amazes me at how fast tagging allows us access information of any kind. Tagging is a great learning tool for students to organize their thoughts and resources for classroom assignments.

I felt more at ease with searching popular blogs. I guess I subconsciously felt that if others are visiting these sites so much they must have good authority and the information is trustworthy. This is my biggest concern with blogging-What is trustworthy information? The video with the personnel from Technorati discussed how blogs are about the "human experience" and what the "regular guy" thinks, well how do I know if I can trust the thoughts of the regular guy?

After working through the activities for Thing #14,I must admit that Technorati confuses me. For me Del.icio.us was much more user friendly but I will continue to work through Technorati to better understand it.

No comments: