Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing#11-LibraryThing

I am really enjoying this blog. It will be so useful as I am busy reading the 08-09 Bluebonnet Nominees in order to booktalk them with my students this fall. I am adding these books to my LibraryThing as I read them. It will be great to get feedback on the books from other bloggers and I am sure I will get ideas for using the books with students too. This is a great tool for me.

The Author Chat group looks interesting. I like that there is a schedule/time for upcoming chats so I can put them on my calendar. I also enjoyed the group Librarians who LibraryThing. This blog allows me to click on a book and have instant access to thoughts/opinions from others about the title. This "thing" is a keeper!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Librarything- and it would be fun to use for booktalking Bluebonnets! Shelftari is very similar, I am still working out the differences...I like having a librarything acct to show my favorite books in my current library. I might have to set up two accts if I wanted to just show award winners.

Charlotte said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! This blogging stuff is fun, isn't it, and such a painless way to pass the time--there are so many blogs to read, let alone all the interesting books they mention!