Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing#8-RSS

RSS-Really Simple Syndication to some. Confusion to me. This was definitely a "thing" that required a lot of play time. I will be tweaking this aspect of my blog for some time. The video RSS in Plain English was a big help in understanding the concept. But as I went to a blog, such as Librarian Philosopher, etc. I kept getting confused. I am also trying to figure out how to use RSS for my students on my K-4th grade campus. RSS in my personal life is a great way to simplify surfing the web. As Cool Cat Teacher stated, it allows you access to alot of information during your few free moments of the day. I could see a high school librarian using RSS feeds on a library blog to gather all kinds of information for students/teachers as needed. It is simple to establish a feed, I just have to get better at searching for good reliable sources.

No comments: