Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing#7-Cool Google Tools

What a wealth of great tools to be used. I have set up a Google Alert for news about graphic novels. As an elementary school librarian I am constantly working on ways to get my boys to read and graphic novels are really something they gravitate to. I have also set up a Google Calender. I have been using a planner for years so letting go of it may be hard to do.
Using a Google Calendar among grade level team members would be a great way to keep everyone up to date on what is happening in the grade level and on campus. If grade level team members are writing lesson plans for different subjects then using calendars that are accessible by everyone would allow teachers to keep up with requirements/due dates for team members, students, etc.

2 comments:

kk said...

The Google calendar reminds me of the shared calendars we use at school to keep everyone informed. However, I have been trying to get my family to utilize it. With an extended family it only makes sense to have one common place each person can add his/her activities. Even the childen could put items on the calendar like games, piano recitals, etc. Love that google tool.

LauraAnn said...

When I first looked a all of the cool google tools, the calendar seemed the most practical. However, as I have continued through the other things (up to 16 now), I have made myself try the other tools -- those that I thought sounded nice in theory but wondered about their application...
My favorite so far is the notebook!