Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing#9-Useful Library Blogs

The Bloglines search options were easy to use and I liked the way results were arranged on the page. It just looked organized to me in a way that made sense. Technorati was confusing to me. As I read through posts and took notice of tags I began to develop a better system for searching. This may sound elementary to some who have had a lot of practice with blogging but it really is a different way of thinking about how a person finds information. Am attempting to use Topix.net to locate info on Alaska as my husband and I are planning a trip there. The site seems so busy but I am working through it. Found good info on Anchorage Bay.

2 comments:

Liberry Lady said...

Hey, I'm using the same template as you are. I really like your blog list, it inspired me to add one to my blog as well. I hadn't seen the blog on boys and reading before.
Also, I agree about the kids frustration levels with drawing something. It's frustrating to me also that they focus so hard on their imperfections and miss the whole point of playing with the art and focusing on the process. Sometimes what we mean as a fun activity just sours.

Unknown said...

Eager Reader, I agree completely about Technorati being confusing. Actually, the whole blog search thing has me confused - although maybe confused is the wrong word - maybe I mean overwhelmed. There is just SO MUCH out there. believeinbooks